Mother's Day Strawberry Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast
What's a better way to surprise your mom than breakfast in bed? Start her day off right with this Strawberry Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast, beautiful flowers and a big ol' cup of coffee! A home made meal.. the most thoughtful gift, really. Right?! Agreed.
Start with brioche. Sliced sandwich bread style. Take two pieces and spread some sweet whipped mascarpone with a super simple strawberry jam that you made. Now sandwich 2 pieces together. Dip in the egg mixture and sear until crispy, golden brown.
You can make all of this ahead of time for a no hassle breakfast. Make the strawberry jam, made of ONLY strawberries, a couple of days in advance. Mix it with mascarpone and powdered sugar and keep in the fridge. You can even sandwich the brioche with the mascarpone mixture and put it in the refrigerator the night before. In the morning, dip, sear and serve. DONE!
Well, what're you waiting for? I gave you 4 days to get it together before Mother's Day! Here's the recipe.. ENJOY & Happy Mommy's Day :)
Strawberry Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast
8 pieces of brioche bread, sliced
8 oz mascarpone
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup strawberry jam (recipe below)
4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup strawberries
1. Wash and trim tops off strawberries. Place in a pot over low-medium heat. Continue to cook until strawberries soften and mash them to desired consistency. Place in a glass bowl or jar, cover and put in the refrigerator. Cool completely before using.
To make Stuffed French Toast..
1. In a bowl, fold mascarpone, powdered sugar and strawberry jam together. Set aside.
2. Slice brioche into even pieces (sandwich style). Spread a thick layer of strawberry mascarpone on each slice of bread. Sandwich 2 pieces together. Repeat. (8 slices of bread = 4 French toast sandwiches)
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and cinnamon together. Heat pan or griddle on medium heat.
4. When your pan is hot, quickly dip each sandwich into egg mixture on both sides and place directly on pan. Sear for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with all pieces.
5. Finish with maple syrup and any garnishes your heart desires. Bring to mom in bed with a cup of coffee and flowers. Enjoy :)